Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Keeping a Pulse...

If you haven't got a handle on what's happening across this nation, and around the industrialized world, then you may as well ignore everything and stay in complete denial. Everyday, someone is looking for hope, looking for that ray of sunshine which will send the dark clouds away for good. Each peek-a-boo glimmer that hints of a facade of light sends ripples through the world's financial markets...only to realize it was a passing shadow. Then, reality sets in again...we're in deep, long, sustained, unshakable doo-doo.
As I've stated before, from all the signs, history & evidence, we are in for the greatest global political & economic realignment in world history. The future is rushing up to meet us at an alarming pace. The time of reckoning is no longer pushed ahead into some far-off tomorrow, but is facing us where we stand today.
America is treading water, frantic to find solid ground, only to find more shifting sand. The tsunami is upon us, yet we lie & rationalize to ourselves, "It can't happen to us."
Thus saith the Lord, "At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; If it does evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them." Jer 18:7-10

____________NEWS______________
January 14, 2009

Nortel files for bankruptcy

Gottschalks files for Chapter 11

Death knell for Citigroup

Greece's credit rating cut

Retail sales slump 2.7 percent in December

No comments: