Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to Whom?

While I wish each & every one a most joyously, happy & safe Thanksgiving, I hope we truly realize to Whom we're giving thanks. How many across our globe are giving thanks to some fictitious deity, or to no one really at all? How many know to give thanks to YHWH God in Mashiach Yashua (Christ Jesus)? To give thanks to the true God of creation, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
I hear multitudes of Americans speaking of giving thanks, but no mentions of  to Whom? We must be specific, because YHWH God is specific:
"You shall say this to the sons of Israel, YHWH the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial from generation to generation." Ex 3:15
"You shall have no other gods before Me." Deut 5:7
"And you shall not turn away from all the words which I am commanding you today, right or left, to go after other gods, to serve them." Deut 28:14
"YHWH made a covenant with them, and commanded them, saying, You shall not fear other gods, nor bow yourselves to them, nor serve them, nor sacrifice to them." II Kings 17:35
"Because your fathers have forsaken Me, says YHWH, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshiped them, and have forsaken Me, and have not kept My law." Jer 16:11
"I will thank YHWH according to His righteousness, and will praise the name of YHWH most high." Ps 7:17
"...let them know Your name is YHWH, that You alone are the Most High over all the earth." Ps 83:18
" So nations shall fear the name of YHWH, and all the kings of the earth Your glory." Ps 102:15
"then I call on the name of YHWH: O YHWH, I beseech You, deliver my soul!" Ps 116:4
"To whom then will all of you liken me, or shall I be equal? says the Holy One." Is 40:25
"I am YHWH: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." Is 42:8
"that you may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I YHWH am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior. I have declared, and have saved, and I have showed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore you are my witnesses, said YHWH, that I am God." Is 43:10-12
"For whoever shall call on the NAME of YHWH shall be saved." Joel 2:32, Rom 10:13
"Praise YHWH! Give thanks to YHWH, for He is good; for His mercy endures forever." Ps 106:1


I would say that's pretty definitive, doesn't leave any room for ambiguity. Lest you get miss the point in Christ Jesus, the Son always retain the name of the Father. In the shortened form, YH, or Yah, He is the great I AM, and "'ha-shua, or ho-shua" is our Salvation. Ergo, The great I AM is our Saviour...Yahshua...God is our salvation. Adonai Yahshua ha' Mashiach (Lord Jesus the Christ): Almighty Lord God, the great I AM, your Saviour, the Holy One, the Promised One, your Redeemer, the Word made flesh.
Give thanks to Him accordingly; Praise His righteousness, His grace, His mercy, His everlasting love.

No comments: