Monday, February 16, 2009

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

I suppose I may seem angry to some, sharply critical to others. I've even had a comment or two that I should take up white robe & beard, stand on the street corner with the sign,"REPENT, The End Is Near".
I would ask any & all to not mistake righteous indignation for mean-spiritedness.
My anger is exactly as our Lord's with the money-changers in the Temple, "You have made my house a den of thieves!" Matt 21:13 The thieves in positions of power & leadership in our government & businesses have done the very same thing to my country!
This isn't the America I'd hoped to bestow upon my children & grandchildren! Do you really believe or think America can be proud of who she has become? If you read the news, and understand what is happening across our land, you should be of like mind;
The mind of Christ. I Cor 2:16
As believers in Christ, we should all be highly distraught & more at what we see occurring in every aspect of our society, government, business, our homes, and even our churches.
How far must things go before the Holy Spirit awakens you out of your slumber?
Noe preached & built for 100 years, suffering ridicule, keeping the faith, leading his family day after day, year after year, no matter what the world said or did. But, when the Flood came, he and all his own entered into God's rest & safety of the ark. The Lord Yashua is our ark.
We ARE in perilous times. America is no longer the land of our forefathers. Washington, Jefferson, The Adamses, Franklin, and the rest would be leading a armed revolt if they were here now...they would be beyond indignation & anger.
I challenge everyone & anyone to show me different. If you believe that being a Christian means being a spineless pacifist, you're reading the wrong Bible:
"for the time would fail me to tell of Gideon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the foreigners. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection." Heb 11:31-35
By the authority of God's Word, I will stand for what I know is right & true. If I perish, I perish.
Sure, I was raised hearing hellfire & brimstone preaching, and I realize that's not popular at all these days. In fact, I can't remember the last time I heard any coming out of our pulpits. But it was the
burden of my sins, and the fires of Hell that sent me running for the Grace of Christ on Calvary. Yashua preached more on Hell than Heaven by far, so there's ample warning of the penalty of rejecting Him. If there's no Hell, then He wouldn't have needed to pay our redemption. So, Hell hasn't disappeared, and sinners still need salvation. And, if you think my message too harsh, then I heartily encourage you to listen or read Jonathan Edwards' sermon,"Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" . Our nation is far more wicked than when he first preached this in Enfield, Connecticut on July 8, 1741.
Dear Readers, I often wish I was wrong...but I cannot deny GOD's Word, or the Savior who gave himself for me. "Let GOD be true, and ever person a liar." Rom 3:4
"...so that by all possible means I might save some." I Cor 9:22
Can you think of a better reason to live for Christ?
If you want GOOD NEWS, share the Gospel of Yashua. Otherwise, it ain't pretty...

______________NEWS_________________

84% of US Cities in Money Trouble
California lawmakers fail to pass budget
With no budget, California to cut 20,000 state jobs

Kansas suspends income tax refunds, may miss payroll
Refineries Cut Production, Gasoline to Continue Higher
Charlotte, NC Goes the Way of Wall St.
GM, Chrysler must submit restructuring plans today; Need More Money

No comments: